Another great and traditional German Christmas cookie recipe from www.MyBestGermanRecipes.com: Vanilla Cones or Vanillekipferl in German. This is one of my favorite Christmas cookies.
They last for weeks when you keep them at a cool place. Happy Baking!
260 g flour
200 sweet butter
100 g sugar, 1 package vanilla sugar Dr. Oetker
100 g ground hazelnuts
- Mix all ingredients and knead them until you have a firm dough.
- Cover the dough with aluminum foil and keep it in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Take it out of the fridge and divide the dough in multiple rolls of 1 inch diameter.
- Cut of little pieces of each roll and roll them by hand into a U-shaped form.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the cones on a baking tray (laid out with parchment paper or buttered) and bake them for about 15 minutes.
- Take them out and dust them warm with powdered sugar.
Don’t make them too big. Less dough, the better they will be, this is the rule!
- German Banana Bread Gabriele Utz, publisher of MyBestGermanRecipes.com, tells us how to make...
- Traditional Christmas Recipes: Almond-Cherry Soufflés Christmas time is an opportunity to try all those mouthwatering...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.Print This Post